GamEngage Conference 2022
As part of our GamEngage project, we hosted our first online conference in September 2022. The conference was split over two sessions on consecutive days, including talks, networking, and a professionally-facilitated gameplay session by the Centre for Systems Solutions.
If you’re interested in attending a future conference, join the GamEngage network here to receive news and updates about the project!
Day 1 Programme
- Jo lacovides: Designing games for reflection: student-life balance [Presentation]
- Matthew Whitby: Supporting developers to create games that challenge mental health stigma [Presentation]
- Facilitated serious game play session of ‘New Shores: A game for democracy’ with Aleksandra Solińska-Nowak, Centre for Systems Solutions [Gameplay Session]
Day 2 Programme
- Bruno de Andrade: What if heritage was a videogame? New methods and tools for citizen engagement in heritage management [Presentation]
- R. Lyle Skains: Designing interactive narratives in an “Entertainment as Education” approach: The You and CO2 Project [Presentation]
- Diana Contreras Mojica: Discussing post-disaster practices via ludic activities: 2015 Gorkha earthquake. Nepal Earthquake Recovery and Reconstruction [Presentation]
- Navarun Varma: Game-based pedagogy for teaching and learning of systems perspective and disaster resilience: Potential of the serious game Forest-at-risk [Presentation]
- Project Speed Dating networking activity [Networking]
- Winners announced for the GamEngage Student Game Design Competition [Awards]