21-22 September 2022
As part of our GamEngage project, we are hosting an online conference in September. The conference will be split over two sessions on consecutive days, including talks, networking, and a professionally-facilitated gameplay session by the Centre for Systems Solutions. Each session will take approximately 3 hours, with time set aside for breaks.
Registration: If you would like to attend, please fill out the registration form at this link: https://forms.office.com/r/p7SripGnD4
- 24 August: Abstract Deadline
- 1 September: Full Programme Announced
- 21 September: Conference kickoff ~10:00 UK time
Join us at the conference for these planned activities and more:
- Hackathon Finalists & Prizes: Student finalists from the GamEngage hackathon taking place in August/September will be announced. Those attending the conference will be able to play the finalist games and vote on their favourite in the first session, with the winner announced in the second and awarded a prize!
- Networking: Want to meet others interested in Serious Games? Looking for a partner to help develop an idea? We are planning networking activities to help you get to know others in the group and discuss the future of GamEngage. Don’t miss the gameplay session for additional informal chats with others!
- Talks: Although we are highlighting networking activities, we aim to have a small number of short talks spread throughout these sessions. We have invited speakers on a variety of topics, but abstract submission is open for additional speakers until 24th August. Please contact us via email to discuss or submit an abstract!
- Facilitated Gameplay Session: Join us for a gameplay session facilitated by the Centre for Systems Solutions. We will be playing ‘New Shores – A game for democracy’ followed by a discussion with participants afterwards.